By Gary S. Vasilash
Volkswagen Group—Volkswagen, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Škoda, SEAT, CUPRA, Audi, Lamborghini, Bentley, Ducati, Porsche—announced its combined electric vehicle sales on a global basis for 2021.
The company delivered 452,900 battery electric vehicles in ’21, a 95.5% increase over ’20 numbers, when it delivered 231,600 units.
The vehicles that are the biggest contributors:
- Volkswagen ID.4: 119,600 units
- Volkswagen ID.3: 75,500 units
- Audi e-tron: 49,200 units
- ŠKODA Enyaq iV: 44,700 units
- Volkswagen e-up!: 41,400 units
- Porsche Taycan: 41,300 units
Of that, the ID.3, Enyaq iV and e-up! are not available in the U.S. market. That represents a total of a non-trivial 161,600 units.
Here’s something to consider about that 452,900 EVs:
The Group delivered a total 8,882,000 vehicles in 2021.
Put the numbers in context.