Kelley Blue Book has come out with a list of top vehicular tech for 2022.
One thing that you may immediately notice is that this technology isn’t exactly new in most cases.
But it is a list of things that you might want to be aware of should you be out there looking for a new vehicle.
Of course, finding an affordable new vehicle is all the more difficult nowadays because of the on-going shortage of semiconductors–and it is worth noting that by and large these technologies are predicated on. . .semiconductors:
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Connected Mobile Apps/Digital Key (the latter uses a phone as a device to unlock and start the vehicle)
- Teen Driver Tech (squeals to Mom and Dad if the kids go too fast, for example)
- Safe Exit Assist to Protect Cyclists (blind spot detection of bike rides—helps save them and the driver’s door)
- Wireless Smartphone Connectivity and Charging
- 360-degree Camera
- Emergency Services/Stolen Vehicle Tracking Software (when is the last time you heard anyone mention LoJack?)
- Blind-Spot View Monitor (not just that little yellow light in the sideview mirror but an actual image of what’s where)
- Video Rearview Mirror (switches the reflective mirror to a video display)
Drive carefully even if you don’t have any of this stuff.